Suppose you wanted to design your own temperature scale based on methyl alcohol
(methanol). On the Celsius scale, methanol has a melting point of −96 ◦C and a boiling
point of 64 ◦C, but on your new scale calibrated in units of degrees methanol, ◦M, you
define methanol to melt at 0◦M and boil at 200◦M. On the methanol scale, the melting
and boiling points of water are
(A) 0◦M and 200◦M (B) 60◦M and 222.5◦M
(C) 76.8◦M and 228.8◦M (D) 120◦M and 245◦M
Asked by chandubeats21 | 24th May, 2017, 11:43: AM
Correct option is (D)120◦M and 245◦M
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 24th May, 2017, 03:24: PM
- how to balance chemical equation
- what is chemistry.
- Chemical equations
- What is the difference between C6H12O6 and C12H22O11 in the chemical equation of photosynthesis?
- How to predict product in chemical reaction?
- Respected Experts, Can heat be written as Δ on the R.H.S in an Exothermic Reaction ?
- state which of the following are oxidation reactions and which are reduction reactions- i) Cu→Cu2+ + 2e- v) Fe2+ → Fe3+ + 1e- ii) Cu2+ + 2e- →Cu vi) X + 2e- → X2- iii) Sn4+ + 2e- → Sn2+ vii) Y - 1e- → Y1+ iv) 2Cl- → Cl2+ 2e- viii) Z3+ +1e- → Z2+
- Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction that occurs between aluminium hydroxide and sulphuric acid forming aluminium sulphate and water.
- Balance the eqaution mg3n2+h2o-mg(oh)2+ NH3
- Which of the following reactions will produce more volatile acid: Pb(NO3)2 + H2SO4(dil.) --> PbSO4 + 2HNO3 KNO3 + H2SO4(conc.) --> KHSO4 + HNO3
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number