Suggest a method to overcome excessive inbreeding depression.
Asked by ramandeep.kaur | 15th Mar, 2019, 02:42: PM
Inbreeding depression can be overcome by the following ways :
1. Out breeding- the breeding of animals which are unrelated to each other and do not have come ancestors for 4-6 generations
2. Out crossing- mating done with the animals osf same breed but after 4-6 generations
3. Cross breeding- superior male mated with superior female of another breed
4. Interspecific hybridisations- male and female animal of two different related species
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 16th Mar, 2019, 08:19: PM
- Differences between stain and varieities
- an area is sprayed with DDT by an aircraft what happens to the nearby lake a. mortality of fishes b. no effect
- How can pollen grains of wheat and rice which tend to lose viability within 30 minutes of their release be made available months later for breeding programmes?
- State the importance of biofortification.
- State any one significance of interspecific hybridisation in plants.
- Why does the pure line represent the progeny of homozygous plants?
- (i) Name the chemical used for doubling the chromosome number. (ii) Name the improved variety of wheat which was developed through hybridisation that took 12 years.
- What is inbreeding in plants? What happens to the recessive alleles in this process?
- What is interspecific hybridisation? Give one example of a crop in which it is practised and mention one advantage derived from it.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number