state which of the following are oxidation reactions and which are reduction reactions-
i) Cu→Cu2+ + 2e- v) Fe2+ → Fe3+ + 1e-
ii) Cu2+ + 2e- →Cu vi) X + 2e- → X2-
iii) Sn4+ + 2e- → Sn2+ vii) Y - 1e- → Y1+
iv) 2Cl- → Cl2+ 2e- viii) Z3+ +1e- → Z2+
Asked by saibaba1069 | 11th Apr, 2020, 07:54: PM
(i) Oxidation (Electrons are released)
(ii) Reduction (Electrons are gained)
(iii)Reduction(Electrons are released)
(iv)Oxidation (Electrons are released)
(V)Oxidation (Electrons are released)
(Vi)Reduction(Electrons are gained)
(Vii)Oxidation (Electrons are released)
(Viii)Reduction(Electrons are released)
Answered by Ravi | 11th Apr, 2020, 10:06: PM
- how to balance chemical equation
- what is chemistry.
- Chemical equations
- What is the difference between C6H12O6 and C12H22O11 in the chemical equation of photosynthesis?
- How to predict product in chemical reaction?
- Respected Experts, Can heat be written as Δ on the R.H.S in an Exothermic Reaction ?
- Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction that occurs between aluminium hydroxide and sulphuric acid forming aluminium sulphate and water.
- Balance the eqaution mg3n2+h2o-mg(oh)2+ NH3
- Which of the following reactions will produce more volatile acid: Pb(NO3)2 + H2SO4(dil.) --> PbSO4 + 2HNO3 KNO3 + H2SO4(conc.) --> KHSO4 + HNO3
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number