State true or false
raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
Asked by Gurmansingh387 | 21st Mar, 2020, 12:00: PM
When raisins are immersed in water, water moes inside the cell across the semi-permeable membrane by the process of endosmosis.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 21st Mar, 2020, 01:53: PM
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
- The following paragraph is related to absorption of water from the soil. Complete the following paragraph by selecting the correct word from those given below. You may use a term only once. (exosmosis, hypertonic, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, cortical, endosmosis, phloem). Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of (i) __________. This is because the solution in the soil is (ii) __________ whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is (iii) __________. The water then passes through the (iv) __________ cells by cell to cell (v) __________ and reaches the xylem of the root. please answer question number (1) & (v).
- During osmosis the movement of water occurs from a_______solution into a ________solution
- difference between plasmlysisand deplasmolysis
- Need a test paper of 80 marks on the following chapters 1) absorption through roots 2) photosynthesis 3)Excretory system 4) health organization 5)transpiration
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number