State true or false
raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
Asked by Gurmansingh387 | 21st Mar, 2020, 12:00: PM
When raisins are immersed in water, water moes inside the cell across the semi-permeable membrane by the process of endosmosis.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 21st Mar, 2020, 01:53: PM
- What is osmosis
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number