State the series of changes in energy when a pole vaulter runs towards the bar and crosses it.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Jul, 2014, 08:19: AM
As the pole vaulter runs towards the bar, he gains kinetic energy. As he bends the pole, he does work on the pole and stores elastic potential energy in the pole. That energy is converted into gravitational potential energy as he goes up and over the bar.
Answered by | 11th Jul, 2014, 10:19: AM
- 10th sum
- A machine gun fires 360 bullets per minute and each bullet trvels with a velocity of 600ms-1.If the mass of each bullet is 5gm.find the power of the machine gun
- Define power. State its units.
- What is the mass-energy equivalence relation?
- Aman and Aryan lift 50 Kg dumbbell over their head through same distance. Aman lifts it 10 times in 1 minute whereas Aryan lifts it 10 times in 10 seconds. Who does more work and who has more power?
- Explain how the energy is transformed in roller coaster?
- What is h.p.? What is the relation between h.p. and watts?
- What is kilo-watt hour?
- A lift at a construction site moves 10 labourers every minute from the first floor of the building to the second. The second floor is 6.0 metres above the first floor. If the average mass of labourers is 56 kg, determine the power requirement of the lift in order to move this number of passengers in this amount of time.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number