State the Newton's Law of Gravitation. Also state its important properties.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
According to the Newton's Law of Gravitation: Everybody in the universe attracts another body with a force which is directly proportional to the product of the masses of the bodies and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
Some characteristic properties of gravitational force are:
i) It obeys Newton's third law of motion
ii) It is independent of the presence of another body
iii) It is independent of the medium
iv) It is a conservative force
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- A woman of mass 50 kg is standing in an elevator. Suddenly the cable of the elevator break and the elevator begin to fall freely .the force exerted by the floor of the elevator on the woman is?
- Derive an expression for variation of g with depth
- Which law explains the rotation of planets around the sun and the rotation of satellites around the planets?
- Define gravitational constant.
- Two bodies of mass 1kg and 2kg kept 4m apart exert a force of F Newton. A third body of mass 3kg is introduced in the set up and kept near 2kg mass. Calculate the total force on the 1kg body.
- On which two quantities does the gravitational force depend?
- Consider two bodies X and Y with mass m1 and m2 separated by distance ‘r’ meters. Suppose mass of X is doubled and mass of Y is tripled also the distance between them is doubled. Find the ratio of the gravitational force before and after changing the masses and distance.
- G is called Universal Gravitation Constant. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number