State the methods to reduce friction.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 6th Jun, 2014, 08:32: AM
Polishing the surfaces reduce the irregularities thereby reducing friction.
We reduce friction by using a lubricant, such as oil or grease which is placed between the two surfaces. This often dramatically lessens the coefficient of friction. Basically the lubricant forms a layer between the two surfaces thereby reducing the friction.
Using "ball bearings" or "roller bearings", where balls or rollers allow the surface to move easily without actually touching each other reduces friction to a great extent.
Answered by | 6th Jun, 2014, 10:32: AM
- Q8:If the normal force is doubled,then coefficient of friction is
- it is easy to pull lawnmover than to push it
- 5th sum.plz
- 3rd sum plz
- What is friction? Explain how it takes place.
- State the types of friction.
- Explain briefly: (a) Static Friction (b) Kinetic friction
- Ice skating is based on the phenomena of reduced friction. Explain briefly.
- Determine the acceleration of the car in which a box lying on its floor will remain stationary, given that the co-efficient of static friction between the box and the train's floor is 0.25.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number