State the importance of forests?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Importance of forests:
1) Wood is the important product we get from the forests. We manufacture pulp, paper, ply wood from it.
2) It is the habitat for many animals.
3) Roots of trees hold the soil particles firmly and thus prevent soil erosion.
4) Trees help to maintain the water cycle in nature.
5) Many plants have medicinal values.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number