State the functions of oestrogen.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Jul, 2014, 08:32: AM
Functions of oestrogen:
- It stimulates the growth and activities of secondary sex organs in females.
- It stimulates the development of the ovarian follicle.
- It is responsible for the development of secondary sexual characters such as high pitch voice and the development of breasts in females.
- It regulates female sexual behaviour.
- It also promotes the development of mammary glands.
(Write any three)
Answered by | 16th Jul, 2014, 10:32: AM
- Briefly mentioned the mechanism of action of FSH
- Name the sac in which the testes are located.
- Name the cells which produce testosterone.
- State the term used for the formation of spermatozoa.
- Name the hormone secreted by the corpus luteum.
- Name the hormones which stimulate the formation of sac-like structures to store milk in females.
- Name the two components of the testis. State the effects of testosterone on the central nervous system and in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Name the structures which secrete oestrogen and progesterone. Which hormone is responsible for the high pitch of voice in females and for pregnancy?
- State the functions of progesterone in females.
- Explain how the testes play a role in the development of secondary sexual characters in males? State the secondary sexual characters which are developed in males.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number