state one way to reduce the moment of a given moment of a force about a given axis of rotation
Asked by Arav | 20th Apr, 2017, 11:09: AM
Moment of a force (or torque) depends on two factors, the magnitude of the force applied and the perpendicular distance of the line of action from the axis of rotation. Hence, in order to reduce this turning effect (or moment of torque), one can either reduce the force applied or decrease the distance between the line of action and axis of rotation.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st Apr, 2017, 03:10: PM
- what is force
- What is couple
- ques.6 and 7
- A uniform metre scale is balanced at 60 cm mark,when weights of 5 gf and 40 gf are suspendedat 10cm and 80 cm mark respectively.Weight of the metre rule will be a) 45 gf b)55 gf c) 65 gf d)None
- P,Qand R are the coplanar forces each of magnitude 4 N shown in the adjoining diagram..the point Of lies in the same plane...calculate a. the least moment about O. b. the greatest moment about O a. the
- what do known about force
- How can torque be increased or decreased and what is couple arm??
- When force is applied to a pivoted object, the object does not undergo rotational motion. Give reason
- Ch-1 Practice problems 5: 2 number -Two force F1=F2 are applied on a circular body such that moment couple is 9Nm in a CWD. Calculate the radius of circular body
- Name two units of moment of force. What is their mutual relation?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number