State five main characteristics of sedimentary rocks.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd Dec, 2014, 04:36: PM
Five main characteristics of sedimentary rocks are:
- Sedimentary rocks are also known as secondary rocks as they are formed by the sediments of other rocks denuded and deposited by the agents of gradation.
- Sedimentary rocks are largely found on the Earth’s surface. They cover 75% area of the Earth.
- These rocks are generally not crystalline in nature. They are soft and have many layers as they are formed due to the deposition of sediments.
- These rocks may have the presence of the remains of plants and animals in between various layers.
- Sedimentary rocks may be sub divided on the basis of the nature of sediment, origin and composition.
Answered by | 22nd Dec, 2014, 06:36: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number