i wanted to ask
the substance which is larger quantity is solvent
and subatance in small quantity is solute
but if in exam it is given larger quantity is dissolved in smaller quantity of substance
like 89g of ethanoic acid is dissolved
in 45g of benzene
then in such exams how we can distinguish which is solute or solvent
that i wanted to know
Asked by sukalp | 18th Jun, 2016, 09:02: AM
89 g of ethanoic acid is solvent and 45 g benzene is solute.
As larger quantity is solvent and smaller quantity is solute.
Here, ethanoic acid is in solid state and benzene is in liquid state. Hence, ethanoic acid has to be dissolved in benzene. That does not mean ethanoic acid is a solute.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 20th Jun, 2016, 11:53: AM
- Assertion : Sugar molecules are moving from left to right side. Reason : Water molecules can’t pass through semi permeable membrane.
- How like dissolves like?
- At what partial pressure oxygen will have a solubility of 0.06 gram per litre in water at 293 Kelvin Henry's law constant of oxygen in water at 303 kelvin is 46.82 k bar assume the density of the solution to the same as that of water
- how many ml of 0.1M HCL are required to react completely with 1g mixture of and NaHCO3 containing equimolar amounts of both?
- what is volatile and non volatile solute . also explain the importance of both and uses
- Assertion :- CaCl2, CaSO4, Ca(HSO4)2 & Ca(OH)2 will cause hardness in water. Reason :- All soluble salts of Ca+2 and Mg+2 cause hardness.
- Define solubility.
- State the factors on which solubility depends.
- What is dissolution? How is it different with crystallization?
- What does saturated and unsaturated stand for a solution?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number