sir you said in your vedio lesson that when magnet attracts iron fillings each iron filling becomes a small magnet. can we conclude that everything that gets attracted by a magnet becomes a magnet itself and aligns itself in the direction of the magnetic field?
Asked by archita123 | 18th May, 2015, 07:05: PM
Yes. Everything that gets attracted to a magnet becomes a temporary magnet.
Its strength only exists till the time it is in influence of the magnet. As soon as the magnet is taken away from the object, the magnetism of the object is lost.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 19th May, 2015, 10:45: AM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number