Why we use mean,mode and meadian to find any arthmatic data?
Asked by vijaypareek157 | 1st Jun, 2015, 08:37: AM
Mean, median and mode are the measures of central tendency.
The term central tendency gives us information about the central value of the data.
When we have a data with 'n' number of observations, it is quite to describe it by a single value.
In this case, we use the measures of central tendency to describe it by a single value, which gives us information about its central value.
In other words, mean, median and mode are three different types of averages.
Mean, median and mode describe the centre of a data set.
Answered by Rashmi Khot | 1st Jun, 2015, 09:57: AM
- There are 40 students in a class, and their mean weight is 38kg. If after 2 years, each student weighs 1.7kg extra, what will be the new mean weight?
- What are Mid Values? Can you elaborate more on this?
- the mean of the following data is 1.46 class interval frequency 0 46 1 f1 2 f2 3 25 4 10 5 5
- Find the mean and mode for the following data : Classes 10 – 20 20 – 30 30 – 40 40 – 50 50 – 60 60 – 70 – 80 Frequency 4, 8,, 10 ,12, 10 ,4, 2
- Find the mean of 30 numbers, given that mean of 10 of them is 12 and the mean of the remaining 20 is 9
- Find the mean of the following data. x 0 12 14 16 18 f 2 3 1 6 3
- The mean weight of 150 students in a class is 60 kg. The mean weight of boys is 70 kg and that of girls is 55 kg. Find the number of boys and girls.
- If the mean of the following data is 20.6, find the value of p. x 10 15 p 25 35 f 3 10 25 7 5
- Candidates of four schools appear in a mathematics test. The data is as follows: Schools No. of candidates Average score I 60 75 II 48 80 III Not available 55 IV 40 50 If the mean score of all four schools is 66, find the number of candidates who appeared from School III.
- Arithmetic mean of a set of 40 values is 65. If each of the 40 values is increased by 5, what will be the mean of the set of new values?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number