Sir, Suppose we have written the given material on a page and hold it in front of source of light such that written material comes in front of light source.Then an inverted image of alphabets come on the backside of page.So:-)
What is the reason behind it?
Can we say that light exhibits the property of lateral inversion?
Asked by prajjawal banati | 29th Aug, 2014, 10:16: PM
When light is incident on a material written on a piece of paper, then after reflection it travels back to our eyes.
Thus, we are able to see the written material. Now, the back side of the paper can be considered as a mirror of the front side of the paper.
Hence, anything written on front side appears laterally inverted on the back side.
So, we would be wrong in saying that light is laterally inverted. It is the material itself that is inverted on the back side. So, when light comes from the back side of the paper, we see the written material as inverted image of the material written on front side.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 4th Sep, 2014, 09:24: AM
- In recent days what alternative we used for silvering of mirror?
- what is the cause of reflection of light
- we are unable to see our image in a plane mirror from every angle but we can see a chair in a room anywhere. Why?
- light is traveling in straight line?
- reflection of light
- A boy holding a plane mirror walks in reverse direction with speed of 0.5 m/s. He is able to see the image of scooter in the mirror which is standing at rest behind him. What is the speed at which the image of scooter approaches the boy?
- 90 = (360/3) -1
- What is the definition of light
- what is light
- when refraction does not cause when incident ray is normal to a interface
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number