Sir, Suppose we have written the given material on a page and hold it in front of source of light such that written material comes in front of light source.Then an inverted image of alphabets come on the backside of page.So:-)
What is the reason behind it?
Can we say that light exhibits the property of lateral inversion?
Asked by prajjawal banati | 29th Aug, 2014, 10:16: PM
When light is incident on a material written on a piece of paper, then after reflection it travels back to our eyes.
Thus, we are able to see the written material. Now, the back side of the paper can be considered as a mirror of the front side of the paper.
Hence, anything written on front side appears laterally inverted on the back side.
So, we would be wrong in saying that light is laterally inverted. It is the material itself that is inverted on the back side. So, when light comes from the back side of the paper, we see the written material as inverted image of the material written on front side.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 4th Sep, 2014, 09:24: AM
- reflection of light
- A boy holding a plane mirror walks in reverse direction with speed of 0.5 m/s. He is able to see the image of scooter in the mirror which is standing at rest behind him. What is the speed at which the image of scooter approaches the boy?
- 90 = (360/3) -1
- What is the definition of light
- what is light
- when refraction does not cause when incident ray is normal to a interface
- An object 4 cm in size is placed 25 cm in a front of concave mirror of focal length 15 cm. find nature postion and size of the image draw the ray digram to show the formation of image in this case?
- CAN U SEND ME THE IMPORTANT FORMULAE IN LIGHT REFLECTION AND REFRACTION
- radius of curvature of a concave mirror is twenty five centimeter what is its focal length
- Draw the ray diagram when the object is kept between F1 and 2F1 of the convex lens. with the help of the diagram mention the position and nature of the image formed.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number