please tell the difference of storm and cyclone ???????????
Asked by Anju | 7th Oct, 2015, 10:07: PM
A storm is a period of violent weather with strong winds and usually rain or snow. It is the disturbed state of the Earth's atmosphere which affects the surface of the Earth. The main cause for the development of storm is unequal heating of the surface of Earth.
A cyclone is a huge and powerful storm. It consists of a low pressure area with high pressure all around. High speed winds go around the centre violently and are accompanied by heavy rains. Cyclones occur near the coastal areas.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 8th Oct, 2015, 10:26: AM
- What is cyclone
- please tell me how is it form
- what is an earthquake?
- What is a cyclone
- Define Tsunamis.
- Why tornadoes are also known waterspouts?
- List any one basic difference between tornado and cyclone.
- What preventive measures could be taken during a cyclone?
- How can a person save himself from tornado?
- How satellites are helpful in predicting weather patterns?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number