sir please define incedent ray and reflected ray

Asked by hemalatha | 14th Oct, 2013, 07:50: PM

Expert Answer:

Incident ray:

The ray of light which strikes a mirror or the interface of a medium to undergo reflection or refraction respectively is called the incident ray.

The angle made by the incident ray with the normal is called angle of incidence.

Reflected ray:

The ray which gets reflected after hitting the object is known as reflected ray.
The angle between a reflected ray and a line perpendicular to the reflecting surface at the point of incidence is the angle of reflection.

Answered by Faiza Lambe | 14th Oct, 2013, 08:17: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.