sir/mam I am suffering from a query that how to find whether the given compound is hypovalent or hypervalent or follows octet rule .though I remembered the examples, but I need a proper method
Asked by krishdabhoya2003 | 5th Aug, 2019, 08:19: AM
Hypovalent compounds are thoes compounds whose valence electrons are less than octet. Ex BeCl2
Hypervalent compounds have more electrons than octet this is because they have extra d-orbitals they can extend their valencies. Ex. PCl5
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Aug, 2019, 11:25: AM
- Name two minerals of Boron with their chemical formulae.
- Write down the outermost electronic configuration of group 13 elements.
- Which of the following element exist as liquid in summer among group 13 elements?
- How many groups belong to p-block elements?
- What is inert pair effect?
- Write reactions to justify amphoteric nature of aluminium.
- Generally atomic radii increases down the group, but atomic radius of Ga is less than that of Al. Why?
- Classify following oxides as neutral, acidic, basic or amphoteric. B2O3, Al2O3, Ga2O3, In2O3, Tl2O3.
- What are electron deficient compounds? Explain with example.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number