Can you pls tell why does a Voltmeter has HIGH RESISTANCE and an Ammeter has LOW RESISTANCE?
Asked by seeni2005 | 31st May, 2016, 10:39: AM
A voltmeter is always coonected in parallel across a device to measure the voltage across it. Now, if the voltmeter has low resistance, then the current will split and flow through the voltmeter also, thereby giving incorrect or undesired results across the device. Hence, it has a high resistance so that negligible current flows through it.
Similarly, an ammeter is always coonected in series with the device to measure the current through it. Now, if the ammeter has high resistance, then the current will not flow through the ammeter and through the device also, thereby giving incorrect or undesired results across the device. Hence, it has a low resistance so that entire current flows through it and the device.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 1st Jun, 2016, 10:05: AM
- if 20 C of charge pass a point in a circuit in 1 second what current is flowing
- an electric bulb is related220 V and 100 W when it is operated on 110 V the power consumed will be
- A coil draws a current of 1.0 ampere and a power of 100 watt from an A.C. source of 110 volt and 5√22/π hertz. Find the inductance and resistance of the coil. Why can't I use P=VI here, and how can I determine when to use P=VI or P=I^2 R or P=V^2 / R
- Is on every consecutive point the electric potential or potential difference is different or same at all points except the ends of conductor
- what is potential difference?
- This is the question from class 10 light chapter asked in our state model paper
- In the following circuit the bulbis connected in parallel with switch and battery. the blub does not glow when the switch is closed but glows when the switch is open. Why?
- why lightining(electric current) travel to earth without any conductor?
- SI unit FPS unit and CGS unit of electric current
- define one volt
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number