Show that (a-b)², (a²+b²), (a+b)² are in arithmetic progression.
Asked by apal63216 | 2nd Jan, 2021, 07:40: PM
Check if the common difference is same. If so, the given progression will be AP.
(a - b)², (a² + b²), (a + b)²
1st term = (a - b)²
2nd term = (a² + b²)
3rd term = (a + b)²
Check 2nd term - 1st term
= (a² + b²) - (a - b)²
= (a² + b²) - (a2 - 2b + b2)
Check 3rd term - 2nd term
= (a + b)² - (a² + b²)
= a2 + 2b + b2 - a² - b²
So the common difference is same. Its is AP.
Answered by | 3rd Jan, 2021, 11:27: AM
- Q- The angles of a triangle are in AP . the greatest angle is twice the least . Find all angles of a triangle.
- Find three consecutive terms in A.P whose sum is 9 and the product of their cubes is 3375
- Divide 56 into 4 parts which are in AP such that the ratio of product of extreme to the product of the means 5 : 6
- The angles of a quad in ap. With d=10°. Can I not take a-3d, a-d, a+d, a+3d as the angles. I am getting the angles as 60,80,100,120!!! Value of a=90° after adding the 4 angles.
- The angles of a quand are in A.P with d=10°. Find the angles! (Solution is attached)
- The angles of a quadrilateral are in A.P, and the common difference is 10°. Find the angles. PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY ANSWER IS NOT CORRECT!!!
- subba rao started work in1995 at annual salary of ₹5000 and received an increment of ₹200 each year .in which year did his income reach ₹7000
- Split 207 into 3 pieces such that these are in ap and the product of smaller parts is 4623
- The first term of A.P. is 5 and the last term is 45.and the sum of all its terms is 400.Find the number of the terms and the common difference of the A.P.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number