Show me the electron dot structure of CH2(Methylene).Also show the bonding.(2 or 3 marks)
Asked by dr.sudhiguptajdmd74 | 23rd Jul, 2019, 09:18: AM
Carbenes: These are an electron deficient species with 6 electrons.
a. Triplet: They have 2 unpaired electrons in 2 different orbitals.
They may be either linear or bent, i.e. sp or sp2 hybridized, respectively.
b. Singlet: They have two paired electrons in a single orbital.
Singlet carbenes are spin-paired and adopt a sp2 hybrid structure
Answered by Ramandeep | 23rd Jul, 2019, 10:54: AM
- How can we easily remember the Naming of carbon compond
- lewis dot structure and explanation of H2SO4 and CO
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
- write the names of first two members of homologous series Alkenes?
- Explain Carbon Atomic structure
- What are aromatic hydrocarbons?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number