salma takes 15 minutes from her house to reach her school on a bicycle. if the bicycle has a speed of 2 m/s, calculate the distance between her house and the school.
Asked by sumitdhanure | 30th Nov, 2014, 05:01: PM
Speed of the bicycle= 2 m/s
Time taken by Salma to reach school from her house = 15 minutes = 15 × 60 s = 900 s
We know that speed = distance / time
Hence Distance = Speed × time
= 2 m/s × 900 sec
= 1800 m
Distance between Salma's house and school =1.8 km
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 1st Dec, 2014, 09:19: AM
- what is speed and velocity
- What is the formula for velocity?
- How to find the time when the speed is given
- Represent the following motion by a graph and find the time taken when the velocity is 35m/s Velocity m/s 40 30 20 10 Time 20 40 60 80
- How to draw a time graph
- what is motion?
- How are distance, time and speed related to each other
- A unit that does not represent speed is _ .
- Name the instrument which is used a) to record the distance covered by a vehicle. b) to indicate the speed of a running vehicle.
- Give one example of non-uniform motion. Justify your answer.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number