root hair become flaccid when too much chemical fertilizers are added to the moist soil around it.explain why?
Asked by r_bhole | 29th Aug, 2015, 10:21: AM
Addition of too much fertilizer to the moist soil results in flaccidity of root hair, because the concentration of soil solution increases and water starts coming out of the root hairs due to the process of osmosis.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 31st Aug, 2015, 07:51: AM
- Why water potential is always negative?
- what is turgor pressure
- the pressure responsible for the movement of water molecules across the cortical cells of the roots.
- why does guttation occur in plants?
- what is absorbption?
- Define absorbtion
- Cortical cells are predominantly present in: 1- permanent tissue 2-meristematic tissues 3- endodermis 4- cortical region
- Give reason. Wooden frames of doors get jammed during the monsoon season.
- Correct the following statement: The cell sap of root hair is hypotonic.
- In a diagram of root hair how to differentiate bw Xylem and phloem Dicot and monocot seeds
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number