If while representing anything in the linear equations in 2 variables we get an answer like 2x+4y=40.
So is it necesarry that we write it in the form 2x+4y-40=0.
Asked by deeksha_pareek | 1st Jul, 2014, 07:40: PM
You can represent it in both the ways and both are correct.
It is not necessary that you should represent it in the mentioned way.
So your answer 2x+4y=40 is correct.
Answered by Vimala Ramamurthy | 2nd Jul, 2014, 09:11: AM
- if this is a ball that cost 20 ruppe and a bat that cost 100 ruppe but the bat cost 10 ruppe more what is the total cost of ball and bat ?
- The car is moving with a speed of 60 km/h, travels y km distance in x hours. Represent this statement as a linear equation of two variables and draw the graph. Read from the graph, distance travelled when time is (i) 5 hours, (ii) 10 hours.
- what is linear equations
- Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0
- The number of girls in class IX is 2 more than thrice the number of boys. Represent the above statement by a linear equation in variables ‘x’ and ‘y’.
- In △ABC and △DEF , AB = FD , and ∠A = ∠D . The two triangles will be congruent by SAS axiom if
- The point (m, -m) always lies on the line. x=m y=-m x+y=0 x=y
- A two digit number is 1 less than twice the number obtained after reversing the digits. Form a linear equation in two variables for the given situation and express it in standard form.
- the taxi fare in a city is as follows:for the first kilometre,the fare is rupees 8 and for thesubsequent distance it is rupees 5 per km. taking the distance covered as x km and total fare as rupees y, write a linear equation for this information ,and draw its graph.
- which one of the following options true ,and why y=3x+5
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number