i did'nt understand that if ones kidney is transplanted, will the kidney will work as same it was before , or it will make any complications ? kidney filtrartion will be safe or not?
Asked by faithjames1220 | 14th Jun, 2015, 07:37: PM
Kidney transplantation is a procedure that places a healthy kidney from another person into your body. This one new kidney takes over the work of your two failed kidneys. But the function of the kidney will depend on the type of donor. If we have a kidney from a living donor, it will usually start working straightaway. The kidney transplant from a deceased donor begins working immediately after surgery.However, transplanted kidneys take up to six weeks to start working properly. If this is the case, we will need to have dialysis during this time.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 15th Jun, 2015, 08:12: AM
- Why birds don't have a urinary system
- why hippopotamus sweat is pink
- Although uric acid is insoluble in water how is it possible for human body to excrete it through urine
- how is urine produced in human body
- Give reasons: A)Urine is more concentrated and yellowish in summers. B) The stomach is protected from HCl acid.
- What is the main function of kidney and how it is used in removal of waste from our body
- What is hemodialysis? Where is it used? Write its functioning.
- What is the difference between the dialysing fluid and the blood?
- How is urine produced
- Name the passage in sequence through which urine passes from kidney to the outside in humans. How is urine prevented from flowing back into the ureters?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number