Ram travels on a straight road. he goes from position A to positon B. The distance between A and B is 4Kms.now from positon B he truns back and travels a distance of2 km. to trach the position C.
find 1)the total distance travelled by Ram during the whole journey and
2) magnitutude of his displacement
Asked by chaitra k k | 23rd May, 2014, 10:30: PM
The total distance travelled by Ram during the entire journey will be equal to the sum of distances travelled from A to B and then from B to C.
Hence, the total distance travelled is AB + BC = 4 + 2 = 6 km.
Displacement is the distance between the final and initial points in the path of the journey.
Hence, displacement is = AC = AB - BC = 4 - 2 = 2 km.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 24th May, 2014, 12:23: PM
- definition of Motion
- What is the difference between distance and displacement?
- A car moves from Point A to Point B and comes back to Point A. Find distance and displacement.
- a farmer goes from 1 end to the diagonally opposite and of a square field of side 10 m the displacement of the farmer is.
- define motion
- what should we called which is in rest as well as in motion
- a ball is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 49m/s calculate maximum height attains by the ball
- what is motion
- Distance and displacement .clarify the difference
- What is motion
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number