Q.Why does a current carrying loop act as a magnet?
Asked by Ravi consul | 4th Mar, 2015, 06:51: PM
A current carrying loop creates a magnetic field around it. The strength of the magnetic field created depends on the current through the conductor. At the centre of the loop the magnetic feild lines are perpendicular to the plane of the loop and behaves like a magnet.
The comparision between the magnetic field lines around a current carrying loop and a bar magnet shows that the two patterns are similar.
If the current in the loop is in the anticlockwise direction, a north pole is formed and if the current is in the clockwise direction a south pole is formed.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 11th Dec, 2017, 05:42: PM
- why the flux of magnetic field over a closed surface always zero?
- derivation and expression for the magnetic induction at point dou to strith current carring condoctor
- An electron and a proton having equal momenta enter a uniform magnetic field at right angles to the field lines. What will be the ratio of the radii of curvature of their trajectories?
- State Biot Savart's law for the magnetic field produced at a point due to current element.
- How will you find the direction of the magnetic field produced due to the current element of conductor?
- Find the magnetic field produced by a long straight conductor of length L carrying current I of negligible area of cross section at a point on the conductor itself?
- When will be the magnetic field produced at a point due to current element maximum and minimum?
- Find the magnetic field induction at a point on the axis of a circular coil carrying current.
- Find the magnetic field produced if the point lies at the centre of circular coil carrying current?
- What happens to the magnetic field of the coil on its axis at a point very very far away from its centre, if the radius of the coil is doubled keeping the current flowing through it unchanged?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number