question test of amines
Asked by akshay.beloshe | 12th Oct, 2017, 07:44: PM
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 12th Oct, 2017, 07:46: PM
- sir/madam, this doubt will be lenghty. request peace reading. the doubt is w.r.t chapter Amines; to be specific it is w.r.t basicity of amines. in the topic of the comparision of the basic character of alkylamines with ammonia, the order of basicity of amines is tertiary> secondary> primary in gaseous phase, only due to the +I effect. in gasous phase only +I effect is shown? also in the aqueous phase, the disturbancy in the order of basicity is due to the sum of effects of +I effect, solvation effect and steric hindrance? the order of the stability of the following in aqueous phase: +I effect: tertiary> secondary> primary solvation: primary > secondary > tertiary steric hindrance: primary > secondary > tertiary so does it means that +I is effected in both gaseous and aqueous phase but solvation and steric hindrance are effected only in aqueous phase? also sir there is an order of basicity when R= CH3 group and when R= C2H5 group: R= CH3: secondary> primary> tertiary R= C2H5: secondary> tertiary> primary so sir can we generalise the order that: when R=CH3 group, the order of basicity: secondary> primary> tertiary and when R> CH3 group, the order of basicity: secondary> tertiary> primary
- sir/ madam, is it true that if no of bonds in an atom increases then the atom acquires a positive charge on it and when it loses one bond it acquires a negative charge on it ? why does it happen so?
- pls explain
- Conversion of amines
- What is the product of this amide acylation?
- Please answer this question.
- Why toluene is more reactive than nitro benzene?
- Question 6. Option 2nd and 3rd
- Z is :- (1) CH3—CH2—OH (2) CH3—NH2 (3) CH3—OH (4) CH3—CH2—NH2
- Which amine salts are used for determining molecular masses of amines?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number