Question No. 6 : Page 222 - NCERT Book - Geometry
Asked by midhunkrishna | 30th Sep, 2008, 12:33: AM
Follow these steps
1. Construct triangle ABC as given.
2. With a compass from B draw arc on AC . From the two npoints , where arc cuts AC. draw arcs meeting at say Q . Join BQ . Let BQ meet AC at D . Therefore BD is altitude of triangle ABC
3. BC is diameter of circle passing through B, C and D , because Angle BDC = 90 deg.
4. Mid point O of BC is the centre of the circle.
5. Join OA and mark mid point M of OA
6. Draw circle with centre at M and radius = MA = MO . It intersects the circle at B and B'.
7.Join AB and AB'.(AB is already joined)
AB and AB'is the required pair of tangents.
Answered by | 30th Sep, 2008, 12:33: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number