QUE. A force of 20 N acts upon a body whose weight is 9.8 N. What is the mass of the body and how much is the acceleration?(g=9.8m/s). and also plz tell which is more fundamental mass of any given body or weight.
Asked by Harshita Singh | 20th Sep, 2015, 08:23: PM
Weight = mg
Here, Weight = 9.8 N = mg
Mass of an object is more fundamental than the weight.
This is because mass is independent of location, while weight depends on the gravity of the location where it is measured.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 21st Sep, 2015, 11:30: AM
- two satellites of a planet have period 32 day and 256 days if the radius of orbit of former is R, find the orbital radius of the letter
- weight of the body is zero in free fall why?
- my doubt is the value of G is 60673multiply10-11power but why we use some no in some different numericals like use of 6.6, some times 6.7 why please ans this ques now 🙏
- Find the force of gravitational attraction between the earth (m = 6 x 1024 kg) and 80 kg man if he is standing at sea level. The distance of man from earth's center is 6.38 x 106 m.
- a stone is released from the top of the tower of height 19.6 m calculate its final velocity just before touching the ground
- what is gravitation
- how does the force of gravitation between two objects change when the distance between them is reduced to half
- The gravitation force between two bodies varies with distance r as
- If two bodies of masses 2 kg and 4 kg are separated by 10 m, the gravitational force of attraction between them is _____N. (a) 5.336 10-12 (b) 23.29 x 10–13 (c) 9.324 x 10-10 (d) 9.45 x 10-15
- dimensions meaning
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number