Q3. how dams resist the pressure of water?
Asked by Chandrashekhar | 24th Sep, 2018, 07:55: PM
Dams are made wider at the base as the pressure of water is more at the base of the dam. When area is greater the pressure acted by any object on it will be less. Thus dams can withstand a large pressure of water.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 25th Sep, 2018, 06:02: PM
- Calculate the pressure exerted by cubical block placed over the surface. M = 50 kg, Side Length = 5 cm
- What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question Plz help me with this question
- How does liquid pressure depends upon accelerating due to gravity?
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
- Q3. long answer. Explain the factors affecting the pressure exerted by a solid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number