Q2.Explain why dust comes out from carpet when it is beaten with a stick ?
Asked by sbidipak | 30th May, 2017, 11:28: AM
Beating of a carpet with a stick; makes the carpet come in motion suddenly, while dust particles trapped within the carpet, however, have the tendency to remain in rest, and in order to maintain the position of rest they come out of the carpet. This happens because of the application of Newton’s First Law of Motion which states that any object remains in its state unless any external force is applied over it.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 30th May, 2017, 11:56: AM
- What is motion
- l want answers for this
- what is vector
- an object has moved through a distance can it have 0 displacement? if yes, support your answer with example
- what is rest
- Which object has more inertia and why? A moving car or a stationary ship
- what is motion
- derive mathematically the first equation of motion V=u+at
- "Most Motions are complex ". Give reason.
- give examples of positive, negative and zero displacement by drawing a suitable diagram
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number