Q1)why silver chloride is stored in dark bottle?
Q2)when zinc is reacted with HCL the hydrogen is liberated but when it is reacted with copper hydrogen is not libetared ? why so?
Asked by rutika2900 | 18th Jun, 2015, 08:47: PM
Answer to your first query,
Silver chloride is stored in dark coloured bottles in order prevent its contact with sunlight. Because when it comes in contact with sunlight it forms silver metal and elemental chloride.
Answer to second query,
It happens due to their reactivity difference. Zinc is placed above while copper is placed just below hydrogen in the electrochemical series. So copper can not displace hydrogen from its compound. In other words zinc is more reactive than hydrogen and copper is less reactive than hydrogen.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 19th Jun, 2015, 11:53: AM
- how to solve chemical equations. like this type of question.
- Question 3
- what is matter
- chemical reaction
- Why does plaster of paris harden on mixing with water?
- Why to study chemical reaction
- What is a reagent?
- why magnesium ribbon is cleaned before burning in air
- why is a chemical reaction balanced
- definition reducing agent and oxidising agent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number