Q.1 What will happen if an without shell placed in concentrated salt solution for 5 minutes ?
Q.2 How are the mitochondria able to make some of their proteins ?
Q.3 When a cell placed in distilled water, it swells up. What process is involved in it ?
Asked by meenahemraj1970 | 17th May, 2016, 09:41: PM
1. As concentarted salt solution is a hypertonic solution, the egg shrinks because water passes out of the egg into the salt solution. This process is also called exosmosis.
2. Because mitochondria contain their own DNA and ribosomes which help in making its own proteins.
3. The process involved is osmosis.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 18th May, 2016, 07:50: AM
- What happen when we put cell into orange juice?
- difference between intrinsic and extrinsic protein
- what is plasmolysis
- what is diffusion?
- explain diffusion
- what is meiosis and mitosis ?
- Please explain clearly about the transportation of material across cell.
- what is dehydrated
- what is osmosis
- How do substance like CO2 water move in and out of the cell? Discuss
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number