Q. What is fermentation ?
Asked by debaratib24 | 6th Jul, 2015, 12:45: AM
Fermentation is a metabolic process in which a microorganism converts a carbohydrate, such as starch or a sugar, into an alcohol or an acid.
For example, yeast perform fermentation to obtain energy by converting sugar into alcohol.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 6th Jul, 2015, 08:28: AM
- The image shows the circulation of blood in fishes. Which option correctly traces the pathway of blood flow in fish body? (a) Gill capillaries → oxygenated blood → heart → body cells → deoxygenated blood → gills (b) Gill capillaries → oxygenated → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills (c) capillaries → heart → oxygenated blood → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills (d) Gill capillaries → oxygenated blood → heart → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills
- What are anabolic?
- Rahul took a 10% solution of glucose in a test tube. He added a pinch of yeast and shook it well and left it in a warm place overnight. Next day he took a drop of solution on a slide and observed under microscope. What do you think he saw?
- Define Fermentation
- in males,larynx is known as ?
- What percentage of oxygen is found in water if 21% of oxygen is found in the atmosphere?
- Q4) State which of the following statements are false. Rewrite the correct statements, if false: i.Air is all around. ii.Air cannot be compressed. iii.Nitrogen is the major component of air iv.Aquatic animals do not breathe the air dissolve in water. v.All living organisms breathe air to remain alive.
- what is difference between respiration and breathing
- what is mean by respiration
- the bark are living. How do they get Oxygen and release Carbon Dioxide ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number