Q. Out of two concentric circles,the radius of the outer circle is 5 cm and the chord AC of length 8 cm is tangent to the inner circle.Find the radius of the inner circle.
Asked by sambitgenius2005 | 24th Apr, 2019, 08:03: PM
From the figure,
Chord AB = 8 cm
OC is perpendicular to the chord AB
AC = CB = 4 cm
In right triangle OCA
OC2 + CA2 = OA2
OC2 = 52 - 42 = 25 - 16 = 9
OC = 3 cm
Answered by Sneha shidid | 25th Apr, 2019, 09:47: AM
- two circles of radii 5cm and 3cm intersect at two points and distance between the centres is 4cm. find the length of the common chord
- AC is the diameter of the circle whose centre is O .AB and CD are parallel chords of a circle .prove that OA = OB
- Prove that the line joining the mid points of two parallel chords of a circle, passes through the centre of the circle.
- Prove that the perpendicular from the centre of the circle to a chord bisects the chord.
- AB and CD are two parallel chords of a circle such that AB = 12 cm and CD = 24 cm. The chords are on the opposite sides of the centre and the distance between them is 17 cm. Find the distance between them.
- In a circle of radius 5 cm, AB and CD are two parallel chords of lengths 8 cm and 6 cm respectively. Find the distance between the chords if they are (i) on the same side of the centre. (ii) on the opposite sides of the centre.
- In the given figure, the diameter CD of a circle with centre O is perpendicular to chord AB. If AB = 12 cm and CE = 3 cm, find the radius of the circle.
- Show that there is one and only one circle passing through three non-collinear points.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number