q) a) how can we magnetize a material?give the character of the magnetic materials used.
b) does a current carring conductor experience a force when placed in a magnetic field?give two applications of this.
c) why does rectangular coil carring current rotate in a magnetic field?
Asked by Rajeev | 20th Sep, 2014, 10:57: PM
a) We can magnetize a material by rubbing it against a strong magnet. When a magnetic material is brought near the magnetic field of a magnet, its atoms start aligning itself to the field. So, when we rub the material over the magnet the material will be magnetized for a certain period of time.
Character: The material to be magnetised should be magnetic in nature. It should be a ferromagnet material.
NOTE: Kindly ask the other questions as separate separate queries.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st Sep, 2014, 06:02: PM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number