Prove that the midpoint of hypotenuse of right angle triangle is equidistant from three vertices
Asked by sachin0706 | 22nd Mar, 2009, 06:50: PM
Let P be the mid point of the hypo. of the right triangle ABC, right angled at B.
Draw a line parallel to BC from P meeting AB at D.
in triangles,PAD and PBD,
angle PDA= angle PDB (90 each due to conv of mid point theorem)
AD=DB( as D is mid point of AB)
so triangles PAD and PBD are congruent by SAS rule.
PA=PC(given as P is mid point )
Answered by | 28th Nov, 2017, 02:51: PM
- Q2. In ￼ABC, AB = AC. X and Y are points on AB and AC such that AX = AY. Prove that ￼ABY ￼ ￼ACX ￼
- Q-a diagonal divides a parallelogram into 2 congruent triangles.prove Doubt-in ncert it is done by only ASA .Can we do it by any other method like SAS OR SSS?And if not why?
- What was and ASA congurrence rule
- 11. In ∆𝐴𝐵𝐶, CP and BQ are equal altitudes to sides AB and AC respectively. Show that ∆𝐴𝐵𝑄 ≅ ∆𝐴𝐶P
- In a triangle PQR if PQ=QR and L, M AND N are the mid points of the sides PQ QR and RP respectively prove that LN=MN
- answer to all the following questions
- ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AB=2CD.If its diagonals intersect each other at O, find ratio of areas of triangle AOB and triangle COD.
- Prove that the medians of an equilateral triangle are equal.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number