pressure and temperature determine the state of a substance . explain this in detail in poimts
Asked by swatipuspapatel | 5th Jun, 2020, 12:54: PM
A change in temperature or pressure will result in the change of state of the substance.
for example ice, if we change the temperature it will started melting resulting change of state from solid to liquid and if increase temperature then it will evaporates resulting change from liquid to vapour (gas).
A solid can be converted into liquid and then to gas by decreasing the pressure and increasing the temperature. Every state of matter of any substance is stable at a corresponding pressure and temperature. Thus, temperature and pressure determines the state of a substance.
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Jun, 2020, 10:51: PM
- is my answers are correct
- A ballon when kept in sun , bursts after some time . Why ? ans in points
- what is the advisable to use pressure cooker at higher altitudes
- What are the reasons behind the states of matter
- State three effects of heat on matter
- what type of change is weathering of rocks ?
- Ice at 0 Celsius appears cooler than Water at 0 Celsius. Why?
- Q1) What are the practical applications of steam and the latent heat of vaporization ? write any two.
- What will happen for a saturated solution if we increase or decrease it's temperature
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number