Plzeexplain the types of chromosomes with diagrams
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 17th Nov, 2017, 08:23: PM
There are four types of chromosomes- metacentric, sub-metacentric, acrocentric and telocentric chromosomes.
1. Metacentric chromosome-The metacentric chromosome has its centromere centrally located between the two arms such that both sections are of equal length. Human chromosome 1 and 3 are metacentric.(Gives a V shape during Anaphase)
2. Sub-metacentric chromosome- The arms of the submetacentric chromosome are said to be unequal in length leading to a slight asymmetry in the length of the two sections. Human chromosomes 4 through 12 are submetacentric.(Gives a L shape)
3.Acrocentric chromosome- They are severely offset from the center leading to one very long and one very short section. Human chromosomes 13,15, 21, and 22 are acrocentric.(Actual shape cannot be observed due to very short arm)
4. Telocentric chromosome- They have the centromere at the very end of the chromosome.The telocentric chromosome is not present in humans but are present in mice. (Rod shaped appearance)
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 18th Nov, 2017, 11:35: AM
- what are nuclear chromosomes
- What is the difference between nucleosomes and nucleotides?
- What is the diffrence between chromosome, chromatins fibres, chromatids, and DNA?
- Deoxy ribonuclic acid?
- pls explain the term of diploid>???????????
- what is the differencebetween homologous-heterologous and homozygous-heterozygous ?
- why do humans have different from each other DNA?????
- structure of dna was discovered by whom? in what way mugup the questions
- Question:-Name the following (please answer the encircled questions)
- from which cell organelle does cell division initiates?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number