Plzeexplain the types of chromosomes with diagrams
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 17th Nov, 2017, 08:23: PM
There are four types of chromosomes- metacentric, sub-metacentric, acrocentric and telocentric chromosomes.
1. Metacentric chromosome-The metacentric chromosome has its centromere centrally located between the two arms such that both sections are of equal length. Human chromosome 1 and 3 are metacentric.(Gives a V shape during Anaphase)
2. Sub-metacentric chromosome- The arms of the submetacentric chromosome are said to be unequal in length leading to a slight asymmetry in the length of the two sections. Human chromosomes 4 through 12 are submetacentric.(Gives a L shape)
3.Acrocentric chromosome- They are severely offset from the center leading to one very long and one very short section. Human chromosomes 13,15, 21, and 22 are acrocentric.(Actual shape cannot be observed due to very short arm)
4. Telocentric chromosome- They have the centromere at the very end of the chromosome.The telocentric chromosome is not present in humans but are present in mice. (Rod shaped appearance)
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 18th Nov, 2017, 11:35: AM
- Question:-Name the following (please answer the encircled questions)
- from which cell organelle does cell division initiates?
- Does spindle fibres considered as a part of centrosomes ??
- what is genotype
- what is a chromosome
- define homozygous and heterozygous chromosomes
- After replication of a DNA molecule how many strands of daughter DNA are formed and what happens to the parent DNA molecule?
- What are chromatics and sister chromatids?
- How does telomere provide stability to the chromosome
- No. Of chromosome present in nerve call of human being
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number