Plz explain me all the concepts being applied here,thanks
Asked by vishakhachandan026 | 12th Jun, 2019, 09:20: AM
(i)N(CH3)3 have one lone pair an due to +I effect of CH3 it donates elecron so it is an Lewis base. B(CH3)3 is not a lewis acid because Boron is not electron deficient due to electron donating group CH3.
(ii)H3BO3 is Lewis acid here Boron is eletron defficient so it gains electron and behaves as Lewis acid, and C2H5OH is lewis base so interaction between these two compouds be like-
(iii) Ammonia ion is formed by protonation of ammonia.
(iv)BF3 is a lewis acid and NH3 is lewis base.
So (ii),(iii),(iV) are correct.
Answered by Ravi | 12th Jun, 2019, 02:47: PM
- Aim:to detect acidic and basic radical of the given salt (NH4)2 CO3... What all viva Questions can be asked from this activity ?
- How is BF3 an acid,if there are no hydorhyd atoms in it?
- plzzzz solve
- Can dative bond be formed between 2 similar atoms. For example if one oxygen has completed octet by covalent bond with other atom then can this oxygen form dative bond with another oxygen
- Why this type of structure of ozone is not possible?
- What is the most imp. Compound of boron
- What is the hybridisation , number of lone pair electron and shape of XeOF2 ? Give reason .
- What is the hybridisation , lone pair electron and shape of I3- ion? Give reasons
- Give the formula of Borax.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number