plz. ans. this
Asked by prithvigupta | 2nd Feb, 2020, 06:26: PM
This process requires heat (endothermic). So the steam should not be passed over hot coke as it may cool down the coke. So after some time steam is alternatively replaced by the air stream.
The reaction is:
C(white hot) + H2O(steam) → CO + H2
If steam is passed for a long time, it may react with carbon monoxide (CO) and make carbon dioxide which is not a required product.
Answered by Ramandeep | 3rd Feb, 2020, 05:00: PM
- how we can prepare hydrogen by sodium
- what do u mean by vegurosluly
- state some sources of hydrogen
- Why hydrogen is not collected by downward displacment of air??
- We not prefer Iron for the preparation of hydrogen gas because impurities are present but zinc also contains impurities than why do we prefer that element?
- Why do we collect the hydrogen gas by downward displacement of water? Why not by air?
- which of the following reaction can give hydrogen gas. (1)Zn + conc.H2SO4 (2)Cu + dil. H2SO4 (3)Mn + very dilute HNO3 (4)pb + dil HNO3 Plzzzz explain all options....Thanks!!
- Hydrogen can be prepared with the metal zinc by using a.acid b.alkali c.water
- HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN HYDROGEN FROM NAOH (EXCEPT ELECTROLYSIS)?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number