Pls solve it.
Asked by prodyumna02 | 20th Mar, 2019, 04:15: PM
We know that hydrocarbon contains only hydrogen and carbon.
(a) Therefore hydrocarbon X contains hydrogen and carbon.
(b) The copper oxide acts as an oxidising agent.
(i) No. of moles of CO2
The volume of CO2 = 224 ml
1 mole = 22400 ml
So 224 ml will be
(ii) 22400 ml contains 12 gm of carbon
That is 1 mole contains 12 g of C
So 0.01 mole will contain = 0.12 g of C
(iii) Mass of hydrogen = total mass of hydrocarbon − mass of carbon
mass of hydrocarbon = 0.145 g
Mass of hydrogen = 0.145 − 0.12
= 0.025 g
(iv) Mass of carbon = 0.12 gm
Mass of hydrogen = 0.025 g
Atomic mass of carbon = 12
Atomic mass of hydrogen = 1
Multiply 2.5 and 1 by 2 to get the simplest ratio,
So, the empirical formula is C2H5
Answered by Varsha | 20th Mar, 2019, 07:20: PM
- A mixture of hydrogen and chlorine occupying 36 cm3 was exploded. On shaking it with water, 4cm3 of hydrogen was left behind. Find the composition of the mixture.
- What volume of oxygen at STP is required to affect the combustion of 11 litres of ethylene [C2H4] at 273o C and 380 mm of Hg pressure? C2H4+3O22CO2 + 2H2O
- Calculate the number of molecules in 1 kg of Calcium Chloride.
- No. of moles in 32g of sulphur molecule.
- Calculate the number of ions and total charge in 3 gram CO3^2-
- What is the mass of calcium carbonate precipitated when calcium chloride solution is added to a solution containing 21.2g of sodium carbonate? RMM of sodium carbonate = 106 RMM of calcium carbonate = 100
- sulphur burns in oxygen to give sulphur dioxide. if 16 g of sulphur dioxide burns in x cc. of oxygen, calculate the amount of potassium nitrate which must be heated to produce x cc of oxygen.
- tips for getting out of out in mole concept problems along with hard work and practice
- can you please suggest me a teacher who can explain me mole concept perfectly!!!!!
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number