Please write all the trends in groups and periods of periodic table with reasons (each reason should be atleast of 3 -4 lines)
Asked by sajal2402 | 9th Mar, 2019, 10:50: AM
Trends in periodic table:
Atomic size increases down the group.
As the electron is added further away from the nucleus and electron shielding effect prevents the electrons being attracted toward the nucleus and thus the atomic size increases.
In a period atomic size decreases on moving left to right.
As the electrons are added in the same shell and nucleus attracts the electrons more strongly and this results in the decrease in atomic radius.
Electron affinity increases across a period from left to right in a periodic table.
As in a period from left right, the atomic size decreases and due to this the electron move closer to the nucleus, thus increasing the electron affinity.
Electron affinity decreases down the group as the atomic size increases. Due to which the electron is added further away from the nucleus and electron affinity decreases.
It is the tendency of an atom to attract bonding pair of electrons.
From left to right across a period of elements, electro negativity increases.
From top to bottom down a group, electro negativity decreases.
Answered by Varsha | 9th Mar, 2019, 04:20: PM
- 1. Electronic configuration of an element ‘x’ is 2.8.1 and for ‘Y’ 2.8.7 then mention the bond existing between 2 elements. a) Covalent bond b) Ionic bond c) Hydrogen bond d) Metallic bond 2. Identify the element in a 2nd period and 14th group with valency 4. a) Carbon –C b) Silicon – Si c) Boron – B d) Fluorine – F 3. Modern periodic law state that “the properties of elements are the periodic function of their ___________. a) Atomic number b) Atomic mass c) Valiancy d) Atomic radius. Name the group of hydrogen. 9. In a Modern periodic table how the ionization energy, metallic nature and atomic radius vary? 10. 6 C 12 , 20Ca40 , 21SC45 Write the Electronic configuration of given elements and mention the group period and block
- How tp learn the symbols element
- drawbacks of mendeleev and modern periodic table with example
- Que:-How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements?
- how does the atomic size vary as you go down a group?
- Just as the way we locate a point on graph as (x, y), can we locate an element as (group number, period)?
- Dear teachers give some questions. From the chapter periodic classification of element .. that will come on board
- what are noble gases
- please explain diagonal relationship
- Please answer this question given in the image...
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number