Please tell

Asked by  | 27th Mar, 2009, 03:01: PM

Expert Answer:

Such presence of water is called hydrates. The notation of hydrous compound · nH2O, where n is the number of water molecules per molecule of salt, is commonly used to show that a salt is hydrated. The n is usually a low integer, though it is possible for fractional values to exist in case water molecule is shared by more then one molecules of host compound. So in above case we have a fractional waer of crystalization.

Answered by  | 28th Mar, 2009, 01:41: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.