please solve this
Asked by Latha | 6th Nov, 2017, 01:50: PM
Answered by Gajendra | 4th Dec, 2017, 12:34: PM
- A hudroelectric power station takes its water from a lake whose water level is at height of 50m above the turbine. Assuming an overall eficiency of 40% calculate mass of water which must flow through turbine each second to produce power output of 1 MW. (take g=10m/s).
- Is derivation for w=FScos90
- A hydroelectric power station takes its water from a lake whose water level is at a hight of 50m above the turbine, Assuming an overall efficiency of 40 %, calculate the mass of water which must follow through the turbine each second to produce power output of 1MW. Pls solve this question clearly step by step so that i can understand
- What is the work done when force acts at an angle in the direction of motion
- Please explain me work energy theorem with its proof
- A force of 100 N acts on an object of mass 10 kg for 9 sec. If the object was initially moving with the speed of 10 m/s, calculate the initial and final kinetic energy of the object. By what factor does the kinetic energy increase? from Anup Gandhi
- An object 'P' of mass m is lifted from a point A on ground to point B at a height 'h' above the Earth by RinaandMita, but the path taken for doing it is different by both which force is doing positive work and which one is doing negative work ?
- A force is applied on a body of mass 20 kg moving with a velocity of 40 ms-1. The body attains a velocity of 50 ms-1in 2 seconds. Calculate the work done by the body.
- 1) Why is no work done when a person is holding a briefcase in his hand ? 2) Sometimes the air bubbles emerging out of a fish tank apeear silvery ? 3) Why do the faces of the persons sitting around a camp fire appear to be shimmery ? 4) State two important precauitions during an experiment for finding specific latent heat of ice . 5) An electric bulb gives much brighter light when the magnitude of emf increases . Explain 6) State two ways of increasing magnitude of induced current . 7) From the ground floor , a man comes upto the fourt floor of a building using a staircase . Another person comes upto the same floor , using an elevator . Neglicting frition , comparee the work done in two cases . 8) What is the range of loudness level for normal conversation and whispering ? 9) How does the water in a living system( just as our body ) controls and maintains our body temperature ? 10) What do you understand by the term refraction of light ? 11) Why do the diamonds sparkle ? 12) Explain briefly the energy released in a thermal power plant is converted into electric energy . 13) Why is the power generated at the power houses stepped up during transmission ? 14) Why are the coils of a heavy transformer immersed in a special kind of oil ? 15) A copper calorimeter weighing 57.5g contains 60g of water at 12 degree C , 55 g of iron nails at 100 degree C are dropped into the calorimeter , when the final temperature of the contents of calorimeter is 20 degree C . Calculate the specific heat capacity of iron . [ Specific heat capacity of copper is 0.4 J/gC and that of water is 4.2 J/gC] 16) Calculate the wavelength of an electromagnetic wave of frequency 15 MHz 17) What do you understand by the term radioactivity .
- A force of 15N is required to pull up a body of mass 2kg through a distance 5 m along an inclined plane making an angle of 30° with the horizontal. Calculate: Work done by the force in pulling the body, Force due to gravity on the body Work done against the force due to gravity (g=9.8 m/s2) Account for the difference in ans.s of 1. And 3.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number