Please solve this true or false
I am confused
Asked by priyankamehta2018 | 22nd Aug, 2018, 11:21: PM
True or False:
Question: Gas expand on heating and thus the pressure decreases.
- Pressure is measured by taking a ratio of force applied to the area on which it is applied.
- So if the area increases, the effect of pressure decreases.
- Whereas, if the area on which the force is applied is reduced, the effect of pressure increases.
- The application of heat increases the inter molecular space in the matter.
- When a gas is heated, it expands, thus it's volume increases.
- So the pressure it could exert with the earlier volume gets reduced with the increase in volume after the heat treatment.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 23rd Aug, 2018, 02:58: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number