please solve 178th question.
Asked by Kanwaranita10 | 4th Feb, 2020, 07:08: AM
A boy is sitting at a distance of 1 m from one end.
Plank of see-saw is 4 m long.
The fulcrum of the see saw will be exactly at centre of plank i.e. 2 m
Thus, load arm is 2 - 1 = 1m
Load =500 N
Effort = 400 N
Load arm x load = effort arm x effort
1 x 500 = EA x 400
EA = 1.25 m
Thus, the distance at which Anu must sit from fulcrum is 1.25 m
By principle of moments, in equilibrium
Anticlockwise moment = clock wise moment
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 4th Feb, 2020, 01:11: PM
- what is the resistance offered to the nut
- what is the resistance offered by nut
- what is mass of metre time which is in equilibrium
- give two reasons to show that the efficiency of a machine is less than 100%
- What is the unit of effort and load
- What is the Velocity Ratio of Class III Lever ?
- What is the Velocity ratio of Class I Lever ?
- continued q. 7
- exercise 3a numerical 6
- exercise 3a q 32
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number