Please explain with the help of ray diagram:-
An empty test tube placed in water in a beaker with mouth outside the water surface, shines like a mirror when seen at certain angles.
Asked by Vandana | 21st Jun, 2017, 08:57: PM
-An empty testude has air inside it.
-It is placed inside a beaker which is filled with water.
-That is why light travels from different media i.e air-water-air and the refelction of light occurs through the glass surface.
-Therefore, the testube shines like a mirror.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 22nd Jun, 2017, 12:25: PM
- why does the refractionn does not happen in total internal reflection
- Can you explain internal refraction in prism? What is the relationship between critical angle and refractive index?
- What colour of the sun is seen when seen from the surface of the moon?
- Please give the solution
- Why in total internal reflection,light ray must pass from denser to rarer medium ONLY?
- Draw a labelled diagram to show a deviation of 90° using a right-angled prism.
- Why for total internal reflection light must travel from denser to rarer medium? please tell me sir
- Practical file to verify laws of reflection of light ( complete activity consisting of- aim,appratus,tools,theory experimental setup, procedure, observations,result )
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number