please explain the functions of the female hormones- oestrogen and progestron in the placenta.
Asked by sankar.goswami | 27th Jun, 2015, 08:24: PM
1. Reponsible for enlargement of the uterus, breasts and breast ducts as well as the external genitalia of the mother
2. In the menstrual cycle oestrogen causes eggs to mature and thickens the lining of the womb.
3. Aids the ease of parturition via relaxation of the pelvic ligaments in the mother.
1. In the menstrual cycle progesterone thickens the womb lining to prepare for implantation of the embryo (fertilized egg).
2. Increases secretions of the uterine tubes in the mother, which provide nutrition for the embryo.
3. Support of the endometrium to provide an environment that will be helpful for fetal survival.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 29th Jun, 2015, 08:18: AM
- Waht is reproduction o
- What is human reproduction? 😥😥
- How does humans reproduce ?
- How humans reproduce?
- How human being reproduce?
- How does human reproduce ? Please answer with video clips.
- What is the function of the synergids?
- What is Cloning?
- What is Menarche ? Please Explain
- When male put his penis inside the female vagina did the blood comes out from female vagina?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number